PACE STANDPOINT AND VIEWS ON THE PALESTINIAN ISSUE
(2007 – 2009)
Editor: Hafidzi Mohd Noor
Part I – Standpoint, Views and Media Statements
15th February 2007
2. PACE Refers to the article by Anwar Ibrahim published in The Sydney Morning Herald, 31st March 2006 edition.
7th July 2007
10th July 2007
4. Mahmoud Abbas drumming support from muslim countries by spewing half-truths.
24th October 2007
5. Humanitarian disaster looming following power and fuel cuts in Gaza 6th November 2007.
6. Press Statement on the
27th November 2007
7. Israel barbarity will lead to a colossal humanitarian tragedy in Gaza
28th January 2008
8. PACE Applauds the Yemeni Initiatives to Foster a Palestinian-Palestinian dialogue.
29th March 2008
9. PACE views on the
7th October 2008.
10. Sub-Prime Crises and the Palestinian Blockade – Chicken Coming Home to Roost?
8th October 2008
11. A Plea for President Elect Barrack Hussein Obama to do the right thing for beleaguered Gazans.
6th November 2008
12. Statement by COMPLETE
30th December 2008
13. PACE Commends Tun Mahathir’s Speech at the Gaza Forum, London 31st March, 2009.
14. PACE Standpoint on Benjamin Netanyahu Premiership of
2nd April 2009
15. April Fool Speech by Avigdor Lieberman –
6th April 2009
16. PACE Condemns jewish extremist groups planning to desecrate al-Aqsa.
9th April 2009
17. 15th May – The Day of Remembrance of an-Nakbah (The Catastrophe)
15th May 2009
18. Remembrance of an-Naksah (The Setback)
5th June 2009
19. Netanyahu Not Interested in Peace
16th June 2009
20. Thanks but no thanks, Mr. Jimmy Carter
20th June 2009.
21. PACE Calls on the Saudi Government to revoke Alstom contract in al-Haramain rail project.
27th June 2009
22. 21st August is al-Aqsa Day.
21st August 2009.
23. Eid-ul-Fitri message from PACE
17th September 2009
24. PACE Statement on the martyrdom of Ubaida Al-Qudsi, a graduand of IIUM at the hands of the Zionists
17th September 2009
25. Barrack Obama’s peace process rhetorics in the 23rd September speech at the UN.
25th September 2009.
26. PACE condemns zionist attack on the al-Aqsa mosque.
5th October 2009.
27. Lessons from the October War of 1973.
6th October 2009
Part II – Review Article
The position held by HAMAS on the 'the two state solution' in resolving the Palestinian-Israeli conflict
Part III – In The News.
1. Two Malaysian Medical Specialists In
19th January 2009.
2. Speaking up for the Palestinians
The Star (
28th January 2009
Bernama News Agency (
5th June 2009
Part IV – International Participations
1. Al-Quds International Forum
15th – 17th November, 2007,
2. Al-Aqsha International Conference
21st August 2008
3. International Humanitarian Conference on Assistanship for Victims of Occupation (IHCAVO)
31st October – 2nd November 2008
4. World Popular Conference for the Support of
22nd – 23rd May 2009
Appendix I –
Appendix ii -
Appendix iii - International Public Conference for Supporting
In the introduction to his book Peace and its Discontents, Edward Said wrote “And we must restore Palestine to its place not simply as a small piece of territory between the Mediterranean sea and the Jordan River but as an idea that for years galvanized the Arab world into thinking about and fighting for social justice, democracy, and a different kind of future than the one that has been imposed on by force…”.
For Muslims the world over,
The publication of this book by Dr. Hafidzi, which is a collection of thoughtful commentaries and media statements related to recent events in Palestine will hopefully help Muslim readers - presumably the main target audience - to gain a deeper insight into the political nature of the conflict, the failures of past efforts towards peace, and current developments within Palestine while at the same time enhances Muslim empathy towards and solidarity with the Palestinians.
We congratulate Dr. Hafidzi for the publication of this book and hope there will be more similar efforts in the future that will speak as Muslim voices, engaging the wider audience in a common language that is easily understood by all.
Dr. Mazeni Alwi,
Muslim Professionals Forum (MPF)